|Plant Name||Russian Olive|
|Scientific name||Elaeagnus angustifolia|
|Vegetative Zone||Salt Marsh|
|Flowering Period||Early Summer|
|Identifying Characteristics||Alternate leaves, highly aromatic flowers in clusters of 1-3|
- The Russian Olive is a deciduous tree that grows to about seven meters in height.
- The leaves are alternate, 4-9 cm long, 1-2.5 cm wide, lanceolate, and have a smooth margin.
- Flowers are about 1 cm long, with a four lobed yellow calyx.
- Flowers are highly aromatic and grow in clusters of 1-3.
- Flowers bloom in the early summer and are followed by cluster of fruit.
- The fruit is small cherry-like drupe 1-1.7 cm long, and is orange-red covered in silvery scales.
573 total views, 2 views today