|Common Name(s)||Canada Goldenrod|
|Scientific Name||Solidago canadensis|
|Location/Vegetative Zone||Thicket or Dune|
|Identifying Characteristics||Tall, leafy, finely hairy stem has tiny yellow flower heads|
- Grows up to 5 ft
- Narrow and sharply toothed
- Flower heads are less than 1/8th in wide
- 9-17 yellow flower rays
- Other uses
- Treatment of burns
- Leaf extracts are diuretic and antispasmodic.
- When used as tea leaves it can relive fever from snakebites
- Solidago refers to the supposed healing properties of this genus.
- Leaves approved in Germany for treatment of diseases of urinary tract.
1,162 total views, 1 views today